Advisor & Non Exec Director, FC Advisory Ltd.
Fergus is one of Ireland’s most accomplished healthcare executives. He is Principal of FC Advisory, a boutique advisory firm operating exclusively in the Irish health and social care sector. In that capacity he holds held several key positions, including;
- Chairman of the Mater Private Healthcare Group. He was previously CEO of the group, during which time he led the organisation through a period of significant growth.
- Director of CareChoice, one of Ireland’s largest nursing home groups which has 14 nursing homes amounting to 1,300+ beds.
- Chairman of Ashdale Care, the leading provider of specialist therapeutic residential services for young people with complex emotional and behavioural needs.
- Chairman of TriCastle Healthcare Partners. TriCastle is a specialist investment firm that provides financial and strategic support to high-potential healthcare businesses.
- Chairman of Mobile Medical Diagnostics. This company provides on-site radiology in nursing homes and other community settings, greatly reducing the need for hospital attendances.
- Former member of the Irish Medical Council and current member of its Fitness to Practice Committee.
- Former Chairman of Pieta House, a national mental health charity working in the area of suicide and self-harm. Pieta operates 15 centres nationally.
Fergus has lectured on post-graduate courses at University College Dublin and University of Virginia. He has undertaken executive education programmes at Harvard Business School (on Governance) and London Business School (on Finance). He holds a Master’s in Business (Leadership and Management Practice) from UCD Smurfit Business School. Fergus has considerable public speaking and media experience.