Advisor & Non Exec Director in FC Advisory Limited
Executive Chairman of the Mater Private Group
Shareholder and non-executive director of CareChoice
Member of the Irish Medical Council
- I established a highly successful new business for one of the world’s largest insurance groups. I spun part of that business out into my own advisory firm. This was a successful venture which was subsequently acquired by another of the world’s largest insurance groups.
- While running the advisory firm, I acted as advisor to Government, Boards and CEOs on a range of governance and risk management issues.
- I was CEO of Ireland’s premier healthcare services company. Led a private equity-backed management buy-out of that business and stayed at the helm for 10 years (including through Ireland’s economic crisis), growing the business materially during that period.
- More recently I participated in the buy-out of one of Ireland’s largest nursing home groups. I am a shareholder and non-executive director of that company.
- I have acted as non-executive chairman and/or director of a number of organisations in various settings including a major Irish insurance company (CBI regulated), a UK-based public/private partnership, a medical technology firm and a trade association.
- I am a comfortable public speaker. I have lectured and spoken frequently at national and international conferences and a variety of professional events. I have significant media experience.
- I now take on a limited number of non-executive chairmanships and directorships and a select number of high-level advisory assignments.
- I enjoy some “extra-curricular” charity involvements, both as an advisor and investor.
Elderly Care Slides
Speaking in Investing in Healthcare Summit
Venue Liffey Hall 2
Speaking in Elderly Care Summit
Venue Liffey Meeting Room 2